What is the Ambassador Program?
The Ambassador program is a corporate partnership program designed to increase the number of minorities in the Actuarial profession through the mentorship and development of young aspiring actuarial students at select universities.
IABA currently has Ambassador Programs at Florida State University and Baruch College. If you are interested in starting an Ambassador Program, please email email@example.com.
Goals and Objectives of the Program
Increase the number of black minorities in the Actuarial profession
Raise awareness of the Actuarial profession
Develop a program to provide ongoing mentoring to students
Help students develop the tools and skill set to become future actuaries
Develop a program to help students create their own personal brand and improve leadership skills
Benefits for Stakeholder Groups
- Brand recognition
- Potential to develop and recruit an ambassador for future employment
- Possible internship at corporate sponsor
- Develop a personal brand and expand network
- Improve leadership skills
- Raise awareness of their respective math/actuarial programs
- Possible increased enrollment as a result of raising program awareness