The Actuarial Boot Camp is available to Black students from around the world.
We strongly prefer our applicants meet the following requirements:
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States; or a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a foreign student on a United States or Canadian student visa;
- College students currently completing their Sophomore, Junior or Senior year or in Graduate program;
- Admitted to a college or university in the United States or Canada offering either a program in actuarial science or courses that serve to prepare the student for an actuarial career;
- Have a GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale;
- A demonstration of interest in and a familiarity with the actuarial profession (demonstrated by extracurricular activities, education and/or internship experience);
- Submit application, personal statement, resume, teacher certification and application fee by deadline of May 1, 2017.
Application fee: $100 – made payable to IABA. If you are not selected to attend, your check will be returned to you via US Mail. Credit card payments are also accepted and will be refunded if not selected.
Boot Camp: Monday morning, July 24 – Thursday afternoon, July 27
IABA Annual Meeting: Thursday afternoon, July 27 – Saturday night, July 29
IABA will cover the cost of food and lodging for the duration of the Boot Camp and IABA Annual Meeting (including Annual Meeting registration fees). Students will be responsible for travel to/from meeting.